Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mah Crafty Space

Those of us who clutter and embellish and adorn the world with previously un-thought of creations seem to have a need for a corner, a room, a table that becomes our work space. I have a love seat. I sit on one half of it and I put stuff on the other half of it. This is what it looks like:

I can hardly believe it myself, but that is my bottom half strewn about with my paper cutouts for collage, or my "paper dolls" as my mother calls it. I made the table with beer bottle caps for my husband last Christmas, the opening in the middle is just big enough for a beer in a cozy. I'm surrounded with yarn and magazines and glue and other necessities of life, content as a wren in her nest. It's sad, really, just sad. but when I'm sitting there, I'm happy, all I need is around me, and if my husband and son are home too, well, usually there's no place I'd rather be.                                                                                                                                  


2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. I love how much you love your crafting spot. : )

    Me? My crafting spot is in the study... and the sitting room... and occasionally in the kitchen. It ebbs and flows, and always, always takes about a week or two to move on fully. Kinda like the polar ice-caps, except mine is expanding gradually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary... It looks like my small room.

    ReplyDelete