Friday, October 16, 2009

How I spend my time

As you might imagine, I spend a lot of time on my computer. My favorite forum is over at the AntiCraft, and I post and laugh and cry and talk to my friends over there. I also spend a lot of time at etsy, working on my store and looking at what other people have made. This is an endless source of fascination for me, the creativity and genius and genuine dedication of the sellers there, and the encouragement and feedback of the buyers. I thought today I might showcase some of my favorite things-
just saw this today:

this is from HouseThatCrowBuilt.etsy.com                                                                                               
I thought it was a nice sentiment, clever on the anatomical heart too.                                                           
Everything in the shop is handmade with a twist, like an etched metal bracelet that has actual buttons on it   , nice twist, you see? go visit them. you'll love it.                                                                                            


This amazing spiderweb for the corner is made by Alsatiagray.etsy.com. Kay is the proprietor of celadon glass.com and her work never ceases to amaze and delight me, and I chose the web for my blog today, but she has made some new pieces for the holiday, can you imagine glass stars? go see her store, you will love her stuff, and she is just as lovely in person as the beautiful objects that she makes.  
                                
This most excellent chainmaille bracelet is called "Byzantine" and is made by Geminicrafts.etsy.com. This artist is another friend of mine from the AntiCraft, and even though I know she uses her knitting needles as mandrels for cutting rings, the results are fabulous, and much better even in person than in this picture.       


This is one of mine, I call it "these links are made of what?" because they are made with soda can tabs and beer can tabs and whatever other ones I can get my hands on. They are 100 percent post-consumer and are currently staying the heck out of the landfill and on people's arms. Or necks, I've made a couple of neck rings like this too. My newest venture on etsy is a shop called WarKitten.etsy.com, it's all recycled items and stuff made out of things that might otherwise be thrown away. So go see, I think it's fun, and I really like the WarKitten logo artwork drawn by my oldest son.  Thanks, Scott!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I feel special! Thanks for showing off my stuff. :)

    .:Sparrow

    ReplyDelete