Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Labor of Love

Hey, remember when I mentioned that a friend had asked me to make a snake? And how it got ripped apart and re-made like three times? Oh, I didn't mention that part? Hm. Well, it did. Because it had to drape around her neck in a graceful fashion, and when I bent it, the inner curve pleated up and there was just no living with me until I fixed that problem. I got some more beads much smaller than the original beads but the same colors, and used them on the inner curve/belly. Nice. Then, how do you make a snake head? As it turned out, you make it separately and then sew it on and bead over it and pray. You pray a lot. So, today it arrived in the mail to its new home, so I think I can post some pictures now. Heh. You're gonna love it. Now I have to make another one for me---


This is how it grew, a plate of beads and some skullies to keep it company while I was otherwise occupied. Looks like a snake, doesn't it?


This is a finished shot. See the little wire around the inner curve? To make it lay flat.


At first, I didn't think it would squiggle, but it did! Yay!


And, this is hiss cute little face, complete with mouth deliniation. I don't know his name, but I'm hoping that Labrys will tell it to me soon.

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely AMAZING! You are so talented! I want to pet it....

    .:Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. It feels cool and dry, like a real snake might. I'm gonna have to make another one, I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I mean...wow. Beads just won't do that kind of thing for me!

    ReplyDelete